Monday, May 19, 2008

Moving Day - Postponed

No major setback here, just erring on the side of caution.

Due to the delay in getting his morning treatment (which we are still waiting on), they would be able to let him go home, but it would not be until later this evening. To make things easier on everyone, we have decided to stay another night and allow the staff here to get him fully hydrated and ready for the move back home.

I talked to Tanya, and she was telling me that there was a whole crew at the house finishing up the cleaning and sanitizing. She encouraged me to not get too used to it and expect her to keep it at that level ;)


I will provide some updates later today on the progress of his cell counts as the doctor went over them with me this morning. All the counts are moving in the right direction still.

6 comments:

ronda said...

hey- thanks for the update. my boss asked how jacob was doing and how are mom and dad doing? as always let us know how we can be of help in all of this - the boys tyler and brian and fran - not sure about the other too are looking at shaving their heads along with jacob :) hugs and kisses to all :)
ronda

Anonymous said...

Brian and family,

We are truly saddened by the news of Jake and are hoping the best for you and your family. You are both very strong leaders and that is exactly what Jake needs right now and God couldn't have put better people in place. We will be by your side for anything you need and praying for you and your family.

Bob and Missy Josephs

Anonymous said...

Brian, Tanya, Jake and Joshua,

I have been praying continually (and I really mean that) since I heard the news. Having just gone through our own major medical ordeal as a family, I can so relate to what you ALL must be going through. If there is anything... ANYTHING... we can do for you, let us know. We will all be praying for Jake and all of you daily (hourly!). We serve a great and powerful God, and I know from personal experience of the miracles He can perform. He will do the same for you! Trust and lean on Him always, no matter what. Kaleb was excited to see the pictures of Jake and is praying for his friend. We will be in touch and would love to visit when it's the right time for you.

God bless you all, stay strong and truly enjoy being home again soon. There's no better place to relax and heal.

Love from all of us,
The Mason Family -- Libby, Roald, Kaleb, Melanie and Carly

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and Prayers from the Schrandt family in minnesota. Stay Strong

Mike Schrandt

ronda said...

i was just on the phone with a friend who is with the comprehensive cancer coalition and she said to let you know that there are resources for you all through the Colorado Children's Cancer Colaborative - if you can't find a contact there let me know and she will get one for you - also said the P/SL is a great place for you all to be :)
ronda

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your notes and openness into what is going on. I didn't realize how this would affect me until I starting reading your blog. Nancy, I and our kids all know about your situation now and our daily prayers will be with Jacob and your family.

Paul