Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Countdown Begins

We went over Jacob's blood test results with the doctors this afternoon. They are still very happy with his progress as he continues to do better than expected. Because of this, the doctor has said that they are going to try and send him home Monday afternoon. He will need to receive some treatment in the morning, a couple of shots that he is not looking forward to, and then once they have had a chance to monitor him to make sure there are no abnormal reactions, they will let him head back to some familiar surroundings.

Jake is a little concerned with going home so early, mainly because he is concerned that he will be put to work right away. I tried to explain to him that we have left all of his chores for him over the last couple of days, so he has a number of hours of work to do just to get caught up.

Tanya and I are still a little concerned about the move home, mainly because they won't let us take one of these nurses home with us in one of Jake's bag. I see everything that they have been doing for him and I get a little worried that we will mis something. Tanya has taken great notes from all of the discussions we have had with the nursing staff and the doctors, so we should be OK. They did give us a 24/7 phone number that we could call with any problems or questions. I am sure it won't be to long before they get sick of getting called every 5 minutes.

We are going to sneak in a few more laps tonight and then they are going to give him another blood transfusion to make sure his system is bolstered up for the trip home tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jacob and family,

I'm on my way to school and thrilled to hear how God is showing his work in you so quickly! I'll bet Joshua can't wait for you to come home! We can't wait to see you and bring you lots of homework :-) Just kidding! You getting all better is your only assignment!

Hugs, Mrs. von K

Anonymous said...

You and your family are close to hearts and I know that God has his arms wrapped around you. ANYTHING I can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out and ask:)

Take care and lots of love!
Stella

Anonymous said...

Jacob,
If you are anything like your parents...which I'm sure you are:)...you are a very strong and brave young man. I will be thinking of you and your family, and wishing you the best.

Praying from Montana,
Trina Brennan:)

Anonymous said...

Jacob,
I wanted you to know you and your family are my prayers. You'll get through this soon so hang in there little brother.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaocob.I hope you are better when are you comeing home.?