Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Well, we made it.

A little later in the day than what we were hoping, but we made it.

The Dr. gave us the thumbs-up on going home tonight. After a family discussion between Jake, Tanya, and I we decided the best place to be was at home. Tanya and I were a little nervous about what to expect when we got home. Jake came in, grabbed a snack, and took his place on the couch. After a snack, we had to do some oral care before bed. It was at that moment that I knew we had definitely made the right decision. For the last 5 days, while in the hospital, Jake has had to pee in a container so that they could test his urine. Tanya and I held this container for him each of these days. After his oral care tonight, he asked me to step out of the bathroom and give him some privacy while he peed.


Welcome Home Jacob!!!!


p.s. Mark and Daisha, that roast ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

The McShane Family said...

Welcome home Jacob! So glad to hear you got to sleep in your own bed. I bet it was awesome!

Love you, sleep well (all of you!)

Pastor Kathy, Ted, Emily & Ethan

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud- I am so glad to hear that you are home and sleeping in your own bed! I love you very much, and I hope you know that I am constantly thinking of you!

Love,
Aunt Jenny

Anonymous said...

Carlsons,

Welcome Home! May God provide healing and rest for the tired.
His mercies and grace begin afresh each day (Lam 3:23). We'll be praying for you all at Royal Rangers tonight.

Jason Foisset

Anonymous said...

Carlson family - you are dearly loved! Elisa from ECC sent out a prayer alert to lots of your Minnesota friends last week, and we continue to pray for you all. Praise God that we serve a God of healing, restoration, strength, mercy and peace. We continue to pray all of these things for you.

May faith rise up in your souls and may comfort from the greatest Comforter ever overwhelm you with His love and grace today.

God is on your side, and so are we!
Steve and Tabby Finton and family

Anonymous said...

Yeah! There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed and having privacy!!
Welcome home buddy!
We will continue praying for you all!
Love you,
Leon Family

ronda said...

:)

Debbie said...

Jake - I was very excited to hear that you were able to go home! I know that it'll be so much better to be able to be around all of your own toys and books and stuff, and especially good to sleep in your own bed.

Brian & Tanya - even though you have a sense of nervousness about doing this without nurses right outside the door, you will do great! The Lord will be with you, guiding you every step of the way!

Josh - I bet you are very glad to have Jake and Mom and Dad all together at home finally. You are an awesome brother, and I know that you will do a terrific job at helping out and making sure Jake keeps getting better!

Love you bunches~
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Jacob,

Welcome home! I miss you so much in our classroom. Everyone here says HI and they all miss you---
You are always in my prayers.

See you soon.

Love you!
Mrs. Goodman

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see Jake is home! I pray the night went well for all of you. I am so thankful for the "Carlson Chronicle". This helps so much in knowing how to pray for you each day.

In my prayers,
Teresa Morrison

Anonymous said...

Dear X-ray Iron Man aka Jacob,

Welcome home! We hope you have a lot of fun with your brother. We hope you feel even better soon. Our whole class wishes you fast healing. We hope you can play with your brother.

Love,

Mrs. von K's and Mrs. Green's class