Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good Day/Good Night

Jake had a good day today. he spent some time putting together some Indiana Jones Legos sets, reading books, catching up on a couple of cartoons, and letting his Dad beat him at Mancala.

The icing on the day was the Chicken Pot Pie that Ms. Debbie and Ms. Daimi brought for dinner. It was absolutely delicious!!! Jake was happy to see that there were leftovers for him to have for lunch tomorrow.

After dinner, Josh and I went out and played a little catch. Jake sat out on the porch and played with some of his trucks. Jake decided that he was a little embarrassed sitting on the porch in his PJs, so he decided it was time to put some clothes on again. Once that happened, the fun began. Jake and Josh played outside with their remote controlled truck and then brought out the Mancala board and played on the sidewalk. It was good to see Jake wanting to be outside and get some of fresh air and enjoy an incredible evening.

Let's hope that extra time playing helps him get that good nights sleep that he could use.


On another note - Ken, thanks for today!!!! I know I told you that it meant a lot to me, but I am not sure you truly realize how much it REALLY meant!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how incredible that he was outside and working his muscles. What an amazing little man he is!! Jake, Lukey and I continue our prayers for you and know that he is missing you at rangers tonight!!! I am sure we will process that when he gets home. Just know, my little guy here is thinking about you non-stop!!

Allison

Amy said...

What a beautiful evening to be back home together again!

Jake, you're amazing! We're so proud of you.

Josh, you rock! What an awesome young man you are.

Borjas family

Anonymous said...

Hi B,T,J,&J,

Glad to here your good morning turned into a good day! Jake, I am continually amazed at your resilience. You are like the energizer bunny-you just keep going and going and going!

I already miss all of you and I love you all!
Milgm

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are so excited to come out for a visit!
I think we might be able to bring a Twins hat or two with us when we make the trip out. We've got connections here in MN after all!
It sounds like you have another busy couple of days coming up but hopefully we'll be able to talk soon.

Tiff