Monday, June 9, 2008

Tri Girls ROCK!!!


Yesterday some of my Tri girls took their energy and training to the McDonald's Womans 8K, or as we called it Jake's Race. I am constantly amazed with how much our friends are finding ways to support us, and now Leukemia - Lymphoma Society, along this path.


The shirts have a picture of Jake and the frame says Jacob is our superhero. In our book - the ones wearing the shirts are superhero's as well.


Dear Debbie, Daimi and Vicki

thank you for running the race for me. I hope you are not in pain.I hope you liked the t-shirts ms debbie gave you. sighned jacob

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Jacob,
It was an HONOR to run for you. We had lots of fun, a little pain - but well worth it! Thank you for providing such a handsome face to use for our t-shirts...we were very proud to wear them!

ronda said...

Way to go girls :) Sorry i had to miss it. Love the picture Jacob.

The McShane Family said...

You girls do rock! I wish I could have been there. I wore my shirt on Sunday to church and thought all about you!

Jake,
you rock!

Anonymous said...

Jake - we couldn't have run for a more favorite superhero than you! And we were the only ones wearing t-shirts THAT cool. It turned into a gorgeous day, and I had a fantastic time running through the downtown streets thinking of you (amidst a few grunts here and there:), giving thanks for your life, and all the great things that are yet before you.

Vicki

ronda said...

Hey guys- Joshua & Jacob - we are scheduled to bring dinner on the 14th? What sounds good? Not McDonald's:)

Anonymous said...

Jacob and Josh,

Happy summer! You are officially 3rd and 2nd graders! I was SO proud for you two to be High Flyers at our school! I have loved knowing your family and think you're all amazing and wonderful! I'll keep in touch and love reading your updates.

Hugs and splashes from the pool!

Mrs. von K