Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Vacation


It is official - Summer Vacation is here.

Or, as our littlest guitar hero would say, "School's Out for Summer!"

Before we get to far into summer I have to take some time and brag on Joshua. Last Friday we went to the end of the year assembly at Red Hawk Ridge Elementary School where Joshua received the High Flyer award. Each class selects one child that best displayed the SOAR characteristics.
  • Safety
  • Ownership
  • Attitude
  • Respect
After the ceremony Joshua received a booklet created by all of his classmates listing the reasons he was selected. Below are some of my favorites.
  • Congratulations Josh for all the hard wark you have ben dwoing all through the year. I am riley praod of you.
  • grajalashen josh you have ben chosen for the high flyer sum day.
  • der Joshua you shud be happy and like osum as a hi flier.
  • Congratulations Joshua! I'm proud that your a high flyer. I like the way you soar.
Brian and I completely agree with that last sentiment. It has been so awesome to see Joshua thrive in first grade, taking his energy and becoming a positive part of the classroom.

The decision to enroll the boys into public school was one that we wrestled with for a long time. Now, at the end of our first year, I can tell you that it was the right decision. It is also very clear that a key to this success is the teachers that worked with Jake and Josh.

Mrs Goodman, Mrs Von K, Mrs Green, Mr Gunnett and all of the staff at RHR - you are amazing. Thank You so much for a great year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!Congratulations Josh, I am also very proud of you! I know how hard you work on your homework and what a good friend you are to your pals at school. You are a great person, a terrific grandson(!), and one of my FAVORITE people!!

Love,
Grandma Dee

Brian said...

Joshua - You continued to impress me throughout this school year. Your passion for continuing to learn is matched by your desire to set the bar high for your behavior and attitude.

You have shown me the importance of having the right attitude and how that attitude will determine how high you soar.

Very proud of you buddy!!!!!

The McShane Family said...

Josh
That is so awesome! I am so proud of you! I know you now how to be a good friend and work hard!

Enjoy your summer!

See you soon, when we get home from vacation...

Love
Pastor Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, Joshua!
Way to Go! You derserve it!
We are so proud of you!
Leon Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,I just had too help my brother Devin with his Hot Weels,they were not working.It was the cars.


your 2nd grade class mate,
JJJEEENNNAAAAA
JENA
JENA

ronda said...

Joshua you shud be happy and like osum as a hi flier.Congratulations the Vernaza's second that :)