Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dunkin Donuts

Mmmmm.... just typing Dunkin' Donuts makes me crave an old fashioned donut and a great cup of coffee. I don't think there are any in my area, so for now I will continue sipping my green tea and dream about that wonderful taste.

The reason Dunkin' Donuts is on my mind will definitely date me - but do you remember their commercial from - oh...decades ago where the guy goes back and forth making the donuts?

It's time to make the donuts
I made the donuts

It's time to make the donuts
I made the donuts

It's time to make the donuts
I made the donuts

He goes in... he goes home.
He goes in... he goes home.
He goes in... he goes home.

I have felt a lot like the donut maker the last two weeks. To be honest, it is making me feel as tired as good old Fred looked at the end of the spot.

It's time to start the treatment
Delay the treatment

It's time to start the treatment
Delay the treatment

It's time to start the treatment
Delay the treatment

We go in... we come home
We go in... we come home
We go in... we come home

Yesterday, I thought for sure we were going to be able to say, "We made the donuts!"
but no.


Please do not misunderstand. We have the very best medical team possible and I am so thankful that they are giving Jake amazing care and waiting for the right time to start this next chemotherapy phase.

Of even more importance - Our God has PERFECT timing. Several good friends have helped me remember that, thank you. God will allow the treatment to start at the right time, when it will be safest and most effective in healing our son.

And so we wait... and maybe try and find a good donut.

2 comments:

The McShane Family said...

Perfect time is the most important, waiting stinks!

I know how hard it is...so I am praying for you!

Love you,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Waiting IS exhausting! Hang in there everyone! We will keep praying for you! Tanya, if I was there, I would show up at your house with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts =)
Love you guys!
Nicole & family