Monday, June 30, 2008

anxious

I am feeling a little anxious this morning - it is my turn to take Jake in for his spinal tap.

Brian had only encouraging things to say after the last visit - about how good Jacob did - but I guess I am worried about how good I will do. Needles and I have a long history including but not limited to me passing out. It has been a long time since having a blood draw put me on the floor - but needless to say my goal would be to help and support Jake today, not to have to be taken from the room.

Did I mention Joshua will be coming with us? Again, I am asking why Valium was not prescribed for all family members involved? I have these horrible images of him being silly (as he is wont to do on occasion) as the Dr is placing the tap. It looks a little like an episode of the 3 Stooges visit the Dr - only Jake is the one who ends up on the receiving end of all the ouches.

The other thought circling through my brain this morning (in the voice of Jim Ladd) is the verse in Philippians that says "worry about nothing - pray about everything. I am much more practiced in worry - but today I will choose to pray. For anyone out there who will be speaking to Jesus today - please add our names to that conversation.

1 comment:

ronda said...

Hi Jake, how did mom do this past Friday? :)