Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sacred Pathways

Our church is doing a series on Sacred Pathways for Lent and this week we looked at the Naturalists and the Sensates. I love the opportunity to pursue God in different ways so I am taking the "homework" assignments to heart.

The challenge for this week is two-fold
  • Schedule some time with God outside.
  • Use all 5 senses this week in worship.
I haven't made decisions yet about the where and when of the first (living in Denver gives LOTS of options) but I have a plan for the second.

As a family we are going to tackle one sense a day and focus on ways we can use that sense to pursue God and learn more about him and his character. We will then debrief at the end of the day.
  • Monday - Hearing
  • Tuesday - Smell
  • Wednesday - Sight
  • Thursday - Touch
  • Friday - Taste
Anyone wanting to spend some time on this pathway is more then welcome to join our family experiment - I would love to hear what you learn about my God.

No comments: