Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Game Plan

The good news is that both boys are feeling much better and moving on towards good health. The bad news is that I have tissue stuck in both nostrils as I type this update. I hate being sick!!!

Now that Jacob is feeling better we are rescheduled to start Delayed Intensification on Friday the 19th. During this phase we will be introducing a new chemotherapy agent so please pray that Jacob tolerates the medicines well with little side effects. On Monday he will be back at the office to receive a double shot of asparaginase - and while that sounds like a nice coffee break - it is really two large intramuscular injections. I tried to encourage Jacob that they do numb the legs with Emla to help out with the pain and he thought we should talk to Dr Odom about using Valium. What a weird little world we live in.

Check back for more updates.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Hi Jacob!

We miss you so much at school and can't wait for you to come back!

Mrs. Erickson

Unknown said...

Hello over the past several months i have come across your blog mentioning emla. I have been working on the emla website www.ihateneedles.co.uk and wanted to invite you to share your families story, ask questions or learn about other emla users. I wish the best for you and your familty and hope that emla continues to make a positive impact.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! We miss you all!
Jacob,
We will continue praying for you!
Your bravery always amazes us!
You are so awesome!
God Bless!
Love,
Raul, Nicole, Matthew, and Michael

Anonymous said...

Jake and all,

I'm glad the boys are better-hope you get well soon Tanya. Jake, I'll be thinking of you (as usual!)on Friday and I hope things go well with the chemo.

Love,
Grandma Dee

The McShane Family said...

Hey Jake,
glad to hear you and Josh are feeling better! I will be praying for you on Friday and Monday! If you need me, let me know! I will be there for you......

Hey Tanya,
I will be praying for you to get over this quick too!
Ethan is feeling better today and we both actually slept last night! Yeah!

Love you all,
Pastor Kathy